Friday, May 13, 2011

Plated: Lilly Pulitzer

Above images taken from www.lillypulitzer.com
































I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it before, but my sister-in-law is pregnant with her second child. Not only am I stoked to have another little "youngun" around in the family, but this time she’s having a...GIRL! I love my nephew like no other, but I am thrilled to be able to start buying adorable little girl clothes in pinks and purples and yellows.

Anyways, her due date of late August will be here before you know it, so my mom and I are throwing her a little shower next month. This means I am in charge of invitations of course. My mom wanted to use pinks and greens since that is what the nursery will be decorated in, which to me, is synonymous with Lilly Pulitzer (I mean, you’ve got to hand it to them that they are branded well). I never thought I was a fan of Lilly Pulitzer but as I was clicking around their site, gathering inspiration for a stationery design, I decided that she has some pretty amazing 60s Jacqueline Kennedy style dresses that I do in fact dig....even if the price tag is entirely too far out of my range.

So taking these pretty little items, here’s what I created for my sister-in-law’s upcoming baby shower. (Names and addresses have been changed to protect the innocent, of course).

































I toned down the pinks and greens just a little to make it softer for a baby girl and also to keep things more traditional for a southern style shower. What do you think?!

No comments: