Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back of the closet: White sundress



Wow. I have had this white sundress forever. I mean, it's been at least 6 years, but I really think it's been longer than that. I honestly want to give myself a pat on the back for managing to keep it white all these years! I digress....

Whenever you have an object in your closet for this long, it gets really hard to think of new and inventive ways to wear it. Especially when it's something like a classic white sundress, I mean what all can you do with that in the summertime (yeah, I've been known to rock this in the winter. Don't judge. With the right sweater and boots, it's ok to wear white lace in the winter! At least I think so).

Anyhow, I really didn't do too much different with this dress last Thursday. I decided to keep things simple and for once, I wore the belt that actually came with the dress. Then I opted for flat sandals instead of my wedges that I usually prefer. Add a little straw bag that I hardly ever carry and I've got a sweet southern summertime ensemble.

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Sundress, Marshall's ($39.99)
2. Sandals, Rugged Wearhouse ($9.99)
3. Straw purse, on a trip to Hawaii ($10.00)
4. Sunglasses, gifted/passed down (thanks mom!)
5. Earrings (??)
6. Flower ring, ATL market ($4.00)

Total: Under $75





ps. How's this last photo for making you feel uncomfortable?! ha!

Photos: Laura Menconi



No comments: