Monday, May 16, 2011

Under the {fashion} influence: Alexa Chung






































Here in the south we have a time of year called “Blackberry Winter.” Usually around early to mid-May, after you have purged all coats and long sleeves and boots from your closet (because it’s been in the high 70s since mid-April), the temperature will unexpectedly drop to somewhere around the 50s for a few days. I say “unexpectedly” because for some reason, I am caught off guard by this every year. Yes, you’d think by now I’d know it was coming, but sometimes you think the cold snap has already came through, only to be tricked by Mother Nature once again.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, Blackberry Winter decided to appear, leaving me running to my spare closet in a desperate search for something warm and easily accessible. Luckily I was able to spot this new/old dress front and center, which I bought earlier this spring while thrifting because it reminded me of something Alexa Chung would wear. It was freshly dry cleaned and ready for me to rock it for the first time. I chose to style it with black heels and white tights this go around, but I can’t wait to try different shoes and accessories and tights later in the year when the weather changes again.

























































































photos: Laura Menconi

ps. Blackberry Winter came back again this past weekend, so tricky that Alabama weather is!

1 comment:

Ashley Baker said...

Such a cute dress! We need to go back to the thrift store soon!