Friday, January 31, 2014

Cheap versatility



When I bought this dress (which, oh yeah, you can't even really see that well here) I had no idea it would actually be versatile. Not to mention that as affordable as it was I didn't think it would last as long as it has either. Nope, I just thought it was cute and cheap and pretty flattering. Therefore, purchase was made.

Now fast forward about five years later and I've come up with a couple of different ways to wear it so that I don't get tired of seeing it hanging in my closet. That's right, a little foreshadowing on a "one dress, three ways" blog post. That one will be coming out in a couple of months...yep, get excited!

Ok, on to the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Cardigan, thrifted ($4.99)
2. Sweater, Old Navy (??)
3. Dress, Rainbow ($5.00)
4. Tights, Hammers ($4.99)
5. Knee socks, TJ Maxx ($9.99)
6. Boots, Macy's ($54.53)
7. Sunglasses, Forever 21 ($5.80)
8. Earrings, Charlotte Russe ($6.00, set of 3)
9. Rocking horse ring, Hello Holiday (gifted - thanks Natasha!)
10. Ampersand ring, Hello Holiday (gifted - thanks Natasha!)
11. Love ring, gifted (thanks Em!)
12. Leaf ring, gifted (thanks Em!)
13. Crossbody bag, thrifted ($5.99)

Total: Under $100.00


Photos: Leslie Evans






No comments: