Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Life lately


Some pretty fun times have been had lately. And as you can see, I'm also still learning how to use my fancy new camera. I'm improving, but it's a slow process for sure. Anyhow, these photos aren't exactly in order. J and I caught the Stephen Malkmus show at The Bottletree almost two weeks ago with his brother and sister-in-law. It was a good time, even though I truly didn't know any of his music.

We also took a trip to Mississippi a couple of weekends ago and stayed with his friend Matt and then drove over to Oxford to see an Ole Miss basketball game (but not before breakfast at Big Bad Breakfast, of course). I love walking around the Square, such a great area. And this time the bonus was stopping in several restaurants and getting meet people that J was friends with and/or worked with at one point or another. One of these guys hooked us up with baseball tickets, so we basically caught a double header of a bball game and a baseball game. We ended up grabbing dinner at Ajax and heading back to Tupelo to stay in for the evening with Matt. After we were back in Bham, it was time to celebrate Nicole's birthday with Mexican food. Feliz cumpleaƱos Nicole!

One thing I am pretty pumped about is the fact that J bought a bike last week! I'm not really a biker, more of a runner, but I did buy a bike a longgg time ago to compete in a triathlon (thanks to peer pressure from Ashley). So I pulled it out of the basement and had Redemptive Cycles work their magic on it. We're picking it up today and taking our new toys out for a spin tonight. It's funny how quickly you forget how much fun riding a bike is. Especially when you're just out riding around town and not really looking at is as some type of a workout that you're doing. Maybe on our bike tour de Bham we'll make another stop by Paramount today and play video games again, who knows?! Stay tuned!


No comments: