Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Still trending: Cartilage piercings



Oddly enough, when I was in high school (which was a longgggg time ago) it was super cool to pierce the top of one of your ears (now known as a "helix"). My mom was not cool with the idea, but naturally I did it anyway and, naturally, I got into some trouble for it. But eventually mom came around and ended up actually liking the piercing.

Currently I'm not wearing anything in that hole, but lately I'm starting to question that. I mean, when celebrities like Hayden Panettiere, Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Aniston make them look so hip and cool, it's hard not to question the additional piercing.

If you're also considering adding a little embellishment to your ear lobes, check out this guide to see all the different options you have (there's a lot!). I'm kinda drawn to the tragus or the forward helix, which I never thought I would say, but it just looks so cute on Scar Jo and Rihanna.

And don't worry, if you're not sold on adding another hole to your head, you can always choose a fake/clip-on option, like this cute lightning bolt cartilage earring.


No comments: