Thursday, April 10, 2014

Mad about plaid (& print mixing)




So I tend to wear plaid shirts a lot in the fall/winter seasons. In fact, if I were a daily fashion blogger, you'd be like, 'yep, bored of seeing the same old plaid shirts every day.' Which is pretty much what I told myself when I looked in the closet and was reaching once again for one of my new fav plaid shirts (that I scored from a Madewell sale, thank you very much!). And that's why I tried to mix things up a bit.

This outfit is a little grunge, a little music enthusiast and a little business casual. And I think it's starting to grow on me a little bit as well. Really glad it's ok for me to push the envelope with my attire at work, btw. Not sure this would be acceptable at the majority of offices.

(also, you'll probably notice that I have a new pose I seem to keep using when I have a button down shirt wrapped around my waist - I mean, doesn't this look familiar? I'm so creative - insert sarcasm here)

Alright, enough already....here's the outfit breakdown:

1. Plaid shirt, Madewell ($24.99)
2. Charles Bradley concert tee, gifted
3. Pencil skirt, GAP outlet ($19.99)
4. Socks, ??
5. Boots, C. Wonder ($55.00)
6. BCBG bag, Zoe's ($30.00)
7. Hat, NYC street vendor ($10.00)
8. Sunglasses, c/o Sunglass Warehouse
9. Ampersand ring, gifted (thanks Natasha!)
10. Tungsten ring, c/o Modern Design
11. Triangle earrings, gifted (thanks Joy!)

Total: Under $150.00








photos: laura menconi


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Charles Bradley shirt really makes it....