Thursday, November 17, 2011

Back of the Closet: Knee high flat boots



Ever since my injury, my ability to wear heels has been somewhat limited. I've been able to wear them more lately, but those first 6 weeks, not so much. As I have lamented before, I don't really own a lot of flats. So these flat boots have been been seeing the light of day a little too often lately. And as much as I love them and even with all the compliments I get on them, I still find myself frustrated that I have to wear them almost every single day. I've worn them with dressy dresses and casual dresses and tucked into jeans and the list goes on and on. So in an effort not to get bored with the same old shoes, I thought I'd try a different, more "Ralph Lauren" look than what I usually wear and pair the boots with a classic sweater/skirt combo. And I gotta say, I think I created a pretty fab look for fall!

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown
1. Crew sweater, Old Navy ($13.99)
2. Polkadot button down (gifted)
3. Suede skirt, AZ Well ($7.99)
4. Boots, DSW ($60.00)
5. Crossboday bag, thrifted ($5.99)
6. Sunglasses, Forever21 ($5.80)
7. Leaf ring, Charm (gifted)
8. Thumb ring, Charlotte Russe ($2.99, part of stackable set)
9. Earrings (??)





















































































Photos: Laura Menconi


No comments: