Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Buy this, not that: Knock off bag





I can't believe it but yep, I am really doing this. I am fully publicly endorsing buying a total knock off bag. It feels a little wrong, yet to my everyone's bank account it should feel so right.....right? Don't judge me?

So here's the deal. My friend Cassidy was at dinner one night a month or so ago with a fabulous bag that I thought was a real Tory Burch. Ok, who am I kidding, I thought it was Michael Kors, but still I knew it was designer, though clearly I didn't know which one. You knew it was a designer bag just by looking at it. Or did you?

I didn't even bring it up, still not sure how the convo started (we're never sure how any convo starts though) but somehow Cassidy started talking about how it was a fake. She had stumbled upon a fake purse website gold mine and now I can share it with you guys.

The way she tells it, it went a little something like this. She found this site, started clicking around, put a few things in her cart for fun and also so she could see the cost of shipping. So she filled out some info, clicked on "check out" in order to see shipping and it said "thanks for your purchase." She sort of panicked, but then got an e-mail confirmation from the company asking for payment, so she figured, well let's just ride this one out and see what happens, hopefully no one hacks into my checking account.

Thankfully the story has a happy ending and Cassidy had two lovely bags shipped to her from China a few weeks later with nothing extra taken out of her account. Though she did say the package looked a little sketch by the time it arrived to her here in the states.

So if you're willing to give it a whirl, I'd say even though the photos may not look like much on the site, I've seen one in person and it looks pretty good to me. Fingers crossed your story ends as happily as my friend's!




No comments: