Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Grooveshark picks for August




Artist: Shovels & Rope
(Cary Ann Hearst & Michael Trent)
Why I love it:  It sounds like if First Aid Kit were 
to date Justin Townes Earle and they had a bad relationship so they wrote a few melancholy songs 
and sometimes the Civil Wars would stop by to hang out. Yeah, that's why I love it. 
For fans of: First Aid Kit, Justin Townes Earle, 
Civil Wars
Bonus: They also have a new album out called 






Artist: Milo Greene
Album: Milo Greene
Why I love it:  It's folky and dreamy all at the
same time. 
For fans of: The Head and the Heart,
Civil Twilight













Why I love it:  It's old school country type of
music and a sing along knee slappin good time.
For fans of: Shovels & Rope, Sunday Valley












Album: Dirty Radio
Why I love it:  Her voice is so cool, unique and quirky in an upbeat soulful kind of way. Plus it's impossible to listen to this album without shaking your shoulders and your head. Don't believe me? Just try it.  
For fans of:  April Smith & the Great Picture Show, Imelda May








Album: Home Again
Why I love it:  It's soulful, yet peaceful, smooth
and easy on the ears. 
For fans of: Otis Redding, Amos Lee,
James Taylor, Van Morrison










No comments: