Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Guide to Birmingham Dining, vol. 2




In honor of Birmingham Restaurant Week (8/17 - 8/26), I thought this would be an ideal time to follow up on my last Guide to Birmingham Dining. I personally love restaurant week. It's a pretty awesome way to price consciously try out many of the restaurants you wouldn't ordinarily hit up on a regular basis (unless you are ballin out, in which case, we all know I am not). Each of the restaurants have a specially prepared menu they feature for restaurant week and most (especially dinner) are three courses. If you visit their website, you can choose from a $5-$15 lunch or a $10-$30 dinner.

So I figured I'd pick some of my favorite places in town who are participating this week that I haven't featured before. Ready? Here we go!


{one} 26
Cuisine: Eclectic fusion-type dishes
Address: 1210 20th Street South
What to expect: To feel far away from Birmingham when you sit in the pretty swanky and intimate interior of 26.
Pricing: $20±


{two} Slice 
Cuisine: Unique pizzas
Address: 2921 Highland Avenue 
What to expect: An upscale, yet also causal pizza cafe. It's kind of like a sports bar meets a somewhat fancy restaurant...if that makes sense. 
Pricing: $10-$20±
My favorite regular menu item: This little piggy

{three} Ocean 
Cuisine: Fresh Seafood
Address: 1210 20th Street South  
What to expect: The most incredible seafood dishes...ever.
Pricing: $30±
My favorite regular menu item: The pan seared scallops

Cuisine: Southern with a twist
Address: 2921 Highland Avenue
What to expect: To rub elbows with a large percentage of the most influential people in Bham while eating delicious dishes created by award-winning chef Frank Stitt.  
Pricing: $30± 

{five} La Paz
Cuisine: Mexican
Address: 99 Euclid Avenue
What to expect: A busy, bustling and child-friendly restaurant in the heart of Birmingham's coziest neighborhood. 
Pricing: $10-$20±
My favorite regular menu item: Baja fish tacos
Link to their restaurant week menu


Cuisine: Southern with a twist
Address: 3811 Clairmont Avenue 
What to expect: A charming restaurant serving a menu created with only the most local and freshest ingredients possible.  
Pricing: $20-30± 
My favorite regular menu item: Shrimp and grits


Bon appetit! And enjoy restaurant week!




No comments: