Monday, June 24, 2013

Music Monday: Current obsessions






Artist: Har Mar Superstar
Album: Bye Bye 17 (listen here on Grooveshark)
Why I love it: It's a funky good mix of pop and soul.
Favorite song(s): Lady You Shot Me
For fans of: Eric Hutchinson,
St. Paul & the Broken Bones













Artist: Aunt Martha
Album: Norway, ME (listen on Spotify
Why I love it: It's the melodic and mellow kind 
of music I first fell in love with.  
Favorite song(s): Blue Buildings
For fans of: Beta Radio, Hudson Taylor












Artist: Nikki Lane
Album: Walk of Shame (listen here on Grooveshark) 
Why I love it: It's old school female country sprinkled with a dark edginess. 
Favorite song(s): Gone, Gone, Gone and Look Away
For fans of: Cary Ann Hearst, Loretta Lynn









Album: Weight of the Globe 
(listen here on bandcamp) 
Why I love it: Their voices are absolutely mesmorizing and the lyrics will break your heart. 
Favorite song(s): Back to the River and 
In the Middle 
For fans of: Von Grey, Julie Miller 
Bonus: Their version of 'Sea of Love' on their Daytrotter session is the most beautiful thing I've 
ever heard. 









Artist: The Dwells
Album: Don't Ever Leave Me Like You Do (listen here on their website)
Why I love it: I dig their twangy harmonies.
Favorite song(s): Georgia
For fans of: Spirit Family Reunion, Gram Parsons 










No comments: