Ok, so it's not technically a "turban" per se, but this is definitely the closest I'll ever come to wearing one, so I'm calling it a turban, alright?
Basically I saw a tutorial from WWWD about how to tie a headscarf here, and thought, 'well, that's actually pretty cute, lemme try that!' (oh hello poster child for peer pressure!). I think it's such a nice finishing touch to take any simple dress or outfit up a notch. And the fact that this scarf came from my grandmother just makes it that much more fantastic.
And if you want a sidenote anecdote, here's one for ya. The first time I wore this scarf as a hair accessory was when I was meeting one of J's best friends who was in town for a wedding. I was trying to determine what I should wear for such an occasion and in a chat with my friend Casey I specifically said, "I mean, I dont think this is one of those moments where I should take a scarf and tie it around my head and call it a day." A week later, that's preceisely what I did. The best part is that J said Hannah liked my headband :)
Ok, now it's time for the cheapskate breakdown!
1. Dress, gifted (thanks Shannon & Jara!)
2. Head scarf, gifted/passed down
3. Wayfarers, Urban Outfitters ($10.00)
4. Wedges, Charlotte Russe ($12.50) *buy one, get one half off deal
5. Purse, gifted/passed down
6. Love earrings, Charlotte Russe ($6.00) *for a set of 3 earrings
7. Circle ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)
8. Simple gold ring, gifted/passed down
9. Thumb ring, Charlotte Russe ($2.99)
Total: Under $50.00