Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back of the Closet: BCBG dress


This cute little BCBG jumper dress that I bought several years ago at either a TJ Maxx or Marshalls sadly tends to sit idly by in the summer season. Just patiently waiting for me to pull it out of the closet. I'm not sure why I have such a hard time styling it in the summer, but let me assure that I rock it on several occasions in the winter....it's perfect for layering with a turtleneck and patterned tights.

Anyhow, the other day I decided enough was enough. I'm gonna wear this dress and I'm going to "make it work" as Tim Gunn would say. So I opted to pair it with a simple pastel yellow button down and my burgundy thrifted shoes. I would say it turned out to be a cute outfit, nothing life changing, but nonetheless a new outfit to work into my summer wardrobe.

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:
1. Dress, BCBG ($29.99)
2. Shirt, thrifted ($2.99)
3. Shoes, thrifted ($2.99)
4. Handbag, BCBGirls ($30.00)
5. Wooden bangles, ATL market ($1.00 each)
6. Earrings, ??
7. Sunglasses, Venice Beach ($7.00)


















































And oh btw, WWWD's post today was about how pastels are trending right now. Looks like I made a good choice after all! But maybe next time I'll find a way get more creative with this dress. Until then, if you have any ideas on how you think it could be styled better for summer, I am all ears! Leave me a comment below.

photos: Laura Menconi

3 comments:

Sweet Palpitations said...

what a lovely photograph.... i like your bag very much ^^

MAGDArling said...

how about some neon belt?;)

lovely top dear:D

xxx

christen said...

a neon belt is a perfect idea! and my closet could totally use some neon additions. thanks Magda!