Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grooveshark picks for July






Artist: Ra Ra Riot
Album: The Orchard
Why I love it: Easy. I love their unique sound and the way the instruments blend together. And the lead singer's (Wes Miles) voice is just so interesting. 
For fans of: Bon Iver and Death Cab for Cutie



Artist: A.A. Bondy
Why I love it: Sometimes friends will share a song with me of an artist and I put it aside for a while. Then I kick myself for doing so. That's precisely what I am doing right now about A.A. Bondy. He's incredible. So much good guitar strumming and harmonica on this album. 
For fans of: Vetiver, Ian Thomas and Matt Nathanson
Bonus: If you do nothing else, listen to the song "Vice Rag." Bets are you'll be turning up the volume and tapping your feet within the first few beats.






Artist: Black Keys
Why I love it: I'm going old school with this album, but I can't quit listening to it right now. It's just good rock n roll n soul. 
For fans of: The Dead Weather and Warren Haynes










Why I love it: I couldn't wait for this supergroup's album to come out earlier this year, but for some reason I dropped the ball on listening to it...until now. I'm not disappointed, it's definitely a hand clapping foot stomping good time. 
For fans of: Deer Tick, Dawes and Delta Spirit (obviously?)






Album: Departing
Why I love it: I don't know how to explain my love for the RAA. I guess they're like melancholy amazingness? Nah, that sounds weird. Anyhow, my friend Natasha introduced them to me almost 3 years ago and I've been a huge fan ever since. This is their newest album that I also neglected to become obsessed with when it first came out. But that's ok because I am obsessed now. 
For fans of: Deer Tick and Smashing Pumpkins




No comments: