There's just something about wearing a midi skirt that makes you feel super feminine - am I right? Maybe it's because the skirt is longer and flowy and therefore more romantic. Or maybe it just makes me think of the mid-century time period when women's hemlines were longer and all the women seemed to be real ladies back then. Either way, I definitely feel like lady in this skirt, and that rarely ever happens!
As Leslie and I scouted quickly for a photoshoot location yesterday, I saw this part of downtown Birmingham that I haven't walked past in a while, even though it is just a couple blocks from the office. These two empty diner/restaurants and their marquees seemed like the perfect step-back-in-time kind of backdrop for this outfit.
Even though our downtown area has been booming lately, it seems this part of town hasn't quite made it yet. I've definitely had daydreams of opening a diner and pie shop in the Cameo Cafe, basically like on The Waitress. But I certainly don't anything about making pies, so maybe I should stick to the marketing day job.
Ok, here's the cheapskate breakdown:
1. Tank top, gifted/passed down (thanks Aunt Faye!)
2. Skirt, thrifted ($2.99)
3. Heels, Charlotte Russe ($15.00)
4. Purse, gifted (thanks Shannon & Jara!)
5. Bangles, gifted (thanks Ashley!)
6. Heart locket necklace (had since I was a baby)
7. Bangles, gifted (thanks Ashley!)
8. Square ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)
9. Vintage cocktail ring, gifted
10. Vintage Ray Ban sunglasses, gifted/passed down (thanks mom!)
um WOAH, I didn't even realize how little this outfit cost until now. This has never happened!
photos: Leslie Evans