Friday, September 30, 2011

New look: Frat boy front tuck



So back in the day, when I was in college (trust me, it was "back in the day") my friends and I started noticing that all the fraternity boys had a similar look. Yes, they wore similar clothes and the sunglasses with the Croakies, but more than that, it revolved around what we liked to call "the Frat Boy Front Tuck." I can only assume that one of their many rules was that their shirt should be tucked in, but it seemed that none of them made it past tucking in the front of their shirt. And so the FBFT was born.

While we laughed at it then, I've started noticing a trend with button downs being haphazardly tucked into jeans or shorts, giving a sort boho, yet edgy appearance...and I like it! I was afraid to try it because I thought I would like a slob who just left the bathroom and didn't get the rest of her shirt tucked in. But I finally gave it a whirl last casual Friday and I have to say I think it's pretty darn cute.

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Top, thrifted ($2.99)
2. Jeans, Rugged Warehouse ($9.99)
3. Heels, Oh Deer!, Rugged Warehouse ($9.99)
4. Crossbody bag, thrifted ($5.99)
5. Wooden Bangles, ATL market ($1.00 each)








Maybe those frat boys were onto something after all?

photos: Laura Menconi

1 comment:

Shermika said...

Pretty cute look for the cheap! I love those bangles and bag.