Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My latest obsession (in food): Flatout flatbread



The day I curiously picked up a bag of flatout flatbread was life changing. Yeah ok, I'm being a bit dramatic, but seriously I love these things.

First, they are delicious. I'm talking even if you have had them in your pantry a couple of weeks ,they still taste fresh and soft kind of delicious.

Second, they are only 90 calories. Yes, just 90 calories. That's like what, half the calories of sliced bread? I honestly don't know because I never buy bread anymore. Even though flatouts are low cal, they still make me feel full, but nowhere near as heavy as bread does.

And finally, flatouts are versatile. Ok, so maybe I only use mine as a wrap for chicken salad right now, but when I get tired of eating that, I at least know that I've got some options. You can make a pizza with a flatout, or use it for a burger, or quesadillas or tacos or...yeah, just about anything. They even have a ton of recipes on their website that you can choose to make or simply use as inspiration.

So look for these handy items in your grocery store sometime soon. It's a nice way to mix up the average brown bag lunch at work!


No comments: