Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What's in my piggy bank for August?




I'm not sure what's going on, but all of a sudden I seem to have a void of color in this month's piggy bank picks. At least in the clothing department anyhow. I guess I figure I'll make up for it with any and all burgundy cosmetic options.

1. Joe Fresh Stripe Dress, $39.00. I really need there to be a Joe Fresh in closer proximity to Birmingham. Sigh. Anyhow, I'm still loving stripes and this is definitely a flattering option for wearing this trend.

2. Charlotte Russe Oversized Metallic Boyfriend Watch in Rose Gold, $15.99. I never wear a watch, but I've found myself having a slight crush on bigger ones in a pink/gold hue like this one. I think this could make a pretty frequent appearance on the blog.

3. NYC Cosmetics City Duet 2-in-1 lipcolor in the Penthouse Plums, $2.70. Really hoping I can pull off burgundy lips this fall. This looks like a great shade and at this price, it's worth a shot!

4. Zara Check-Print Blouse, $49.90. I'm kind of obsessed with plaid shirts. And this one looks like it has the perfect amount of flowy-ness to it.

5. Forever 21 Art Deco Necklace, $5.80. Pendant necklaces are everywhere right now. I'm loving this option from Forever 21. It's like a piece of mid-century art hanging around your neck.

6. Urban Outfitters Floral Patchwork Headwrap, $14.00. Another thing that's huge at the moment? Headband-type turbans. I love the print and color palette on this one. It's the perfect piece to help you transition from summer to fall.

7. Essie Nail Polish in “Ups”, $5.95. Again, I can't think of a better shade for your nails in August than this deep burgundy from Essie.

8. Forever 21 Professional Envelope Satchel, $27.80. I love the structured look of this bag and the color is perfect for year-round wear.

9. Charlotte Russe Metallic Trim Pointy Toe Pump in White, $32.50. I've never been one to follow the rules about no white after Labor Day. Good thing too, because I am diggin these white pumps—especially to wear with skinny or boyfriend jeans.

10. H&M Super Skinny Super Low Jeans in gray, $19.95. How fab are these jeans? I see such versatility in them, but mostly I want to wear them with edgy pieces.



1 comment:

Ashley said...

That lip color is gorgeous. I hope dark lips are a thing again this A/W. I need more colors! And how cute is that dress? Love it!

xo Ashley
thetiniestfirecracker.com