Tuesday, August 27, 2013

In a flash



I have to admit when I was approached by Jack of All Trades about picking out a comic book tee shirt, I got a bit excited. Not only are their shirts super cute and comfy, but it just so happens that J (the boy) also knows a thing or two about some comics. So yeah, I was pumped to have him help me pick out a shirt.

We looked at several options and had a tough time deciding, but we finally narrowed it down to Superman (duh) and the Flash. But the more I looked at the two shirts, the more I realized that I probably had a bit more in common with the Flash: I'm a runner (though not very fast) and I'm always rushing around to my next big adventure or activity.

Plus the shirt was red and it had a lightning bolt on it. I mean really, that alone was probably enough for me to make my choice!

When I asked my friend Amy to handle this photoshoot, she very quickly threw out the idea of shooting at the new LightRails art-light installment near Railroad Park. At the time she had no clue what my outfit was going to look like, but she couldn't have picked a better location.

So get ready for a Fashionplate Cheapskate superhero-inspired photoshoot. In the meantime, here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Flash tee shirt,  Jack of All Trades
2. Leggings, ModCloth ($34.99)
3. Heels, Nine West outlet ($29.99)
4. Crossbody bag, Charlotte Russe ($9.99)
5. Vintage cocktail ring, gifted
6. Earrings, gifted (thanks Joy!)

Total: Under $100.00












Photos: Amy D






Pin It!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

amazing! Love the shirt and the pictures are amazing!

Samantha said...

Girl, you have killer legs! Those leggings look great on you and I love your shirt! Awesome pictures :)

Casey said...

Love everything about this post! Especially the running in heels action shot :)

Unknown said...

I'm not super into comic book stuff but you make me want everything in this outfit! The way it's styled with the leggings and the shoes, you legit look like a superhero!

Suzanne
A Coin For the Well