Thursday, August 15, 2013

Well enough alone




Sometimes with a certain dress it's best to leave "well enough alone" so it can be simple and speak for itself. That's how I feel about this dress. There's nothing too fancy about it and I've definitely worn it all kinds of different ways (a little foreshadowing on a blog post to come!). 

But as I look at these photos, I'm struck by how fab it is all by itself. I think it's because you can see what a beautiful floral pattern it has and also the fun little details like the flowy cap sleeves. 

So while I am thrilled I can make it appropriate for all seasons and wear it all year long, I just happen to think that this go around it looks best with minimal accessories and plain jane black wedges. 

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Dress, Anthropologie ($39.99)
2. Belt, Brooklyn Flea ($20.00)
3. Clutch, ?? (??)
4. Wedges, Charlotte Russe ($32.50)
5. Sunnies, gifted (thanks Joy!)
6. Earrings, gifted (thanks Joy!)
7. Vintage cocktail ring, gifted
8. Square ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)

Total: Under $100.00









Photos: Leslie Evans





Pin It! 

No comments: