Thursday, October 17, 2013

Under the (fashion) influence: Miranda Kerr, vol. 3



I swear I actually look at other people's fashion and not just Miranda Kerr's. I mean, I look at Alexa Chung too yall! Ha, kidding, but for real I have had quite a few Miranda Kerr posts lately it seems. Oh well, what can I say? She has great style.

When I saw this picture of her I knew I could recreate something similar based on the utlitarian army jacket alone that I already owned. Then I bought the booties a couple of months ago and when I looked back at this photo, I was like "bingo!" Done and done.

Also, I will go ahead and admit these aren't my favorite photos, but it was just one of those days. I felt rushed and there were way too many bystanders and my outfit just felt frumpy. That would be the only downfall losing a few pounds—my clothes don't exactly "fit" anymore. I still wear them all, but sometimes I feel like my outfits just look messy and unflattering. Oh well, we all know I'm not buying any new clothes any time soon!

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Army jacket, Sugarlips ($59.00)
2. Floral top, Sugarlips ($32.00)
3. Skirt, GAP outlet ($19.99)
4. Booties, Target ($34.99)
5. BCBG bag, Zoe's ($30.00)
6. Sunglasses, Venice Beach ($7.50)
7. Earrings, gifted (thanks Joy!)
8. Turquoise ring, gifted (thanks mom!)
9. Love ring, gifted (thanks Em!)
10. Square ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)

Total: Under $200.00

eek! My most expensive outfit to date so far!








Photos: Leslie Evans

ps. this last photo is such an Alicia Silverstone "Clueless" pose to me!



1 comment:

ChristelPaola said...

Love your version, the colors are lovely!

christelpaola.blogspot.com