Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Grooveshark picks for September






Artist: The Deep Dark Woods
Album: The Place I Left Behind
Why I love it: It's a kind of dreary, twangy sound. Which you would think would be awful, but I'm digging it.
For fans of: The Wooden Sky, Daniel Romano














Why I love it: It's a crazy-good album mix with several beautiful, powerful ballads and then other hard rock pieces that will make you think back to the 1980s—but in a good way. Overall it's just a well-balanced and unique album. 
For fans of: Brandi Carlisle, Blondie












Artist: A Fine Frenzy
Why I love it: She has such a sweet and fresh voice. And all of her songs are toe-tapping, fun and upbeat. 
For fans of: Ingrid Michaelson, Rachael Yamagata











Why I love it: While it's not my favorite album of theirs, I still think the Avetts can do no wrong. Yes, there's less banjo, but the sound is pretty incredible. And of course the lyrics aren't bad either. 
For fans of: Dawes, The Head and the Heart






No comments: