I loved this look on Amber Heard that I came across a few months ago on People StyleWatch. In fact I loved it so much, that I saved the photo on the off-chance I might ever purchase some type of bustier that I could use to appropriately pull this look off. I mean, I already had a long pleated skirt, I just needed that one piece of missing clothing.
So I count my lucky stars that Vedette asked me pick a piece of their shapewear to do a guest post on their blog. I decided to write for them on the topic of wearing shapewear during the day since I think it's easily doable, but few girls know how to do it right. And of course, I had to use this photo of Amber as my style inspiration for the post since she does indeed do the daytime bustier so very right.
Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:
1. Cloe Bustier, c/o Vedette Shapewear
2. Pink pleated skirt, thrifted ($2.00)*
3. Sandals, Rugged Wearhouse ($9.99)
4. Gold cuff, gifted (thanks Ashley!)
5. Brown belt, thrifted ($3.00)
6. Heart locket, gifted (had since I was a child)
7. Vintage Ray Bans, gifted (thanks Mom!)
8. Leaf ring, gifted (thanks Em!)
9. Crossbody bag, thrifted ($5.99)
Total: Under $50
*here's a similar pink pleated skirt from Sugar Lips for $40.00
p.s. Be on the lookout at the Vedette Blog for my guest post, it should be out sometime soon!
Photos: Laura Menconi