Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The dish on getting older



It's official. I am now 32 years old.

It's weird though, cause I don't feel like I am in my 30s. I hope I don't look like I am in my 30s. And I think we all know I don't act like I am in my 30s!

But nonetheless, here I am. Officially in my 30s.

It's funny how in my 20s I loved birthdays. Each one was a reason to celebrate, get dressed up and go out with my friends. But nowadays, birthdays are getting harder. I'm certainly not near as excited to celebrate. Which is sad, because I should be!

So even though I wasn't extremely excited to celebrate my birthday this year and I tried to downplay it as much as possible, I've decided that I am going to be happier about being 32 than I was about being 31.

I'm looking at this birthday kinda like most people look at New Year's. It's a fresh start. A time where I really evaluate who I am, what I am doing and who I am helping. Because I realize as I get older that different things start to become more important to me. Things that honestly should've been more important to me before, but as I mature, I hope to start getting some priorities right.

So while I can't say that I am excited to turn another year older, I can say that I am excited about what this new year will bring. Here's to hoping 32 will bring about much more clarity with an awareness of how I can improve and a willingness to always accept the challenges that come with change.


No comments: