Friday, March 8, 2013

My "go-to" fall/winter outfit





So a lonnnnggg time ago I wrote a post about my "go-to" summer outfit. As with all my other good intentions, I had meant to follow up that fall season with another seasonal "go-to" outfit post.  Fast forward a year and a half later and here we finally are!

If you're in my immediate circle of friends if you work with me on a Friday you ever run into me at all, chances are you'll see me in a plaid button down shirt, leggings and boots. Thankfully since the new colored jeans trend is here, I can now provide a teensy bit of variance in this wardrobe by exchanging the leggings for a pair of red or turquoise jeans here and there. I know, I'm wild.

Anyhow, I love this outfit because I feel comfortable, cute, stylish and it's so nice to have that one type of outfit that you can always return to if you're in a hurry or if you have a fashion stylist block.

So I encourage everyone to discover what their "go-to" type of outfit is and then find similar items that you can rotate in and out so you're not wearing the exact same thing all the time. You can also mix things up with different accessories like sunglasses, hats, scarves, bags and shoes.

One final note: Many thanks to my amazing friend Natasha for coming to visit me and shooting me with her iPhone one afternoon at Railroad Park during her stay. She had wanted to shoot me with film, but her old school camera battery died while here in the Ham, and there was no time to look for a replacement. So we decided plan B was to do my first ever instagram photoshoot. From the looks of things, there might be more of these in my future!

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Plaid shirt, "borrowed" (sorry Brooks, you were out of town!)
2. Red jeggings, Necessary Clothing ($24.99)
3. Guess boots, Macy's ($54.53)
4. Scarf, gifted (thanks mom!)
5. Beanie, on the streets of NYC ($7.00)
6. Wayfarer sunglasses, Urban Outfitters ($10.00)
7. Bag, Designer Details in L.A. ($40.00)
8. Leaf ring, gifted (thanks Em!)
9. Loop necklace, Brooklyn Flea ($20.00)

Total: Under $175.00



Photos: Natasha Richardson O'Neill






Pin It!

No comments: