Monday, November 11, 2013

Music Monday: Current obsessions






Artist: Rue Royale
Album: Changed My Grip (listen on Suncloud)
Why I love it: It's super chill, peaceful and mellow and just oh so pretty.
Favorite song(s): Shouldn't Have Closed My Eyes, Try as They Might
For fans of: Ivan & Alyosha, Greg Laswell















Artist: Lorde
Album: Pure Heroine (listen on Spotify
Why I love it: It sounds so different to anything else out there right now. 
Favorite song(s): Royals, Ribs, White Teeth Teens 
For fans of: Youngblood Hawke, Kitten










Artist: Alpha Rev
Album: Bloom (listen on Spotify
Why I love it: I can't quite put my finger on it. It's catchy enough to be maintstream, but it's not overly produced or cheesy. I guess it has the quality of band like Coldplay of Mumford, without actually sounding just like them. 
Favorite song(s): Sing Loud 
For fans of: Coldplay, Matt Kearney, NEEDTOBREATHE













Artist: Al Lewis
Album: Battles (listen on Spotify
Why I love it: It's nice easy, everyday-kind-of-listening and the lyrics are incredible. 
Favorite song(s): Battles, Make a Little Room
For fans of: Jackson Browne, James Taylor 













Album: The Fate & the Fruit (listen on Bandcamp
Why I love it: It's a different take on Americana. Kind of sultry, kind of rock, kind of pickin'. I kind of dig it. 
Favorite song(s): Devil's Honey, Lovin' Strange
For fans of: Shovels & Rope, Bonnie "Prince" Billy & Dawn McCarthy










No comments: