Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My cherie d'amour




I have no idea why, but for some reason looking at this outfit now I feel like I look a bit Parisian? Maybe it's the sunglasses, maybe it's the red lips. Not sure. But whatever it is, I am totally ok with it!

There doesn't seem to be much else to say about this outfit except that it's always fun to find a new way to wear a dress. I've pretty much only ever worn this one plain. You know, maybe change up the shoes or purse or get really crazy and throw on a pair of tights. But until now, I'd never thought to wear a vest over it to really change the overall look.

This new ensemble has made me pretty excited about the other possibilities of how to remix this sweetheart of a dress that I have a new found love for now (ahem...a nod to the blog title..see what I did there?!).

For now, here's this cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Dress, Rainbow ($5.00)
2. Vest, Forever 21 ($15.50)
3. Booties, Target ($24.99)
4. Clutch, ?? (??)
5. Sunnies, gifted (thanks Peach!)
6. Earrings, gifted (thanks Amy!)
7. Vintage cocktail ring, gifted
8. Tungsten ring, c/o Modern Design

Total: Under $50.00











Photos: Leslie Evans


Pin It!

8 comments:

Ester DurĂ£es said...

wow you really look amazing! that vest over the dress worked perfectly!
-
Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

Samantha said...

You look so beautiful! I can't believe that dress was only five bucks, what a steal! And the vest looks wonderful layered over top. I'm totally loving your ankle boots too!

Ashley said...

I would agree that you look Parisian and I also don't know why. But it's adorable! I love the vest with the dress. Vests are so easy to wear when it gets cold and you have to start layering. You should invest in a big, faux fur one! You'd look SO glamorous.

xo Ashley
thetiniestfirecracker.com

Elana said...

Oh, I love this! I can definitely see a Parisian vibe here. I can't believe you found this gorgeous dress for $5!

www.room-334.blogspot.com

ChristelPaola said...

Lovely outfit! The booties are gotgeous

christelpaola.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

I like this dress and also the backdrop is fun/different!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Look!! =)
www.paholalookbook.blogspot.com

Sabina said...

Love the booties! And that dress was five bucks? You've really got a gift for the hunt.