Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Life lately



I feel like the small amount of photos shown here in this post doesn't even begin to paint a picture of how crazy the past few weeks have been. But maybe the lack of my posts all last week illustrate that instead? Sorry about being MIA, btw.

Anyhow, things have been hectic, but fun. I think we've just been to one show in the past 3 weeks, which was to see Rayland Baxter, as I mentioned in this post. That same weekend, J and I met up with some friends in Chattanooga, Tennessee so that Shannon and I could run the 4 Bridges Half Marathon. It was a pretty good race for the both of us, ending in a PR of 1:57 for me and a PR of 2:00 for Shannon. I've never hit a sub 2 hour half marathon, so I was pretty psyched and celebrated with a killer breakfast from Food Works.

And of course we had to stop and "See Rock City" on the way up. It was a pretty touristy thing to do, but somehow I had never been and neither had J, so it had to be done. It turned out to be the most beautiful day with perfect weather so it was nice to be outside and we also saw a pretty amazing view from up top.

I guess since I talked J into Rock City, I let him talk me into going to Atrox Factory, which is a local haunted house near Bham. I am so NOT into scary things whether it be movies, haunted houses, anything like that. But I took one for the team and we ended up having a really good time with my friends Joy and Justin. I just made sure to keep my eyes closed and hang on for dear life while walking through the attraction. It turned out to be a good strategy since I am currently still sleeping at night! :)

We've also managed to take excellent advantage of the incredible weather and we've been out into the great outdoors a lot over the past couple of weekends. I did a trail run and cookout with the BUTS group (Birmingham Ultra Trail Running Society) at Oak Mountain, plus we've climbed with Beth at Moss Rock and Horse Pens 40 and also took a camping trip up to Desoto State Park last weekend. It's clearly been a great fall so far and I expect many more camping and climbing trips in the future. Stay tuned!



1 comment:

Kate said...

Those falls are so beautiful!

Kate from Clear the Way
(I’m currently running a giveaway for some gorgeous jewelry, if you’re interested.)