Thursday, February 16, 2012

Back of the Closet: Leg warmers


So apparently I've been pulling things out of my closet lately that I bought almost 10 years ago when I lived in NYC. Seriously, who else keeps things that long? Anyhow, I bought these leg warmers at Century 21 downtown partially because I thought I would need them for the cold winter that was setting in and partially because I just thought they were cute and where else could I rock leg warmers except in NYC?

It's funny because as it turns out, here I am almost a decade later, rockin the leg warmers in Birmingham, Alabama of all places. And while I wasn't expecting it, I actually ended up getting a ton of compliments on them....and only one comment about flash dance. I thought for sure those numbers would be reversed.

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:
1. Tunic shirt, bought on a Lucky Deal of the Day ($42.00)
2. Leggings, Charlotte Russe ($4.00)
3. Leg warmers, Century 21 ($6.99)
4. BCBGirls bag, Zoe's ($30.00)
5. Booties, Target ($24.99)
6. Earrings, gifted (thanks Em!)
7. Sunglasses, Urban Outfitters ($10.00)
8. Cocktail ring, H&M ($3.00)




photos: Laura Menconi

No comments: