Thursday, June 7, 2012

Denim on denim



I can't believe I am wearing denim on denim. Never in my life did I ever think I would fall prey to this fashion statement. Especially after all the grief I've given my friends about their denim jackets (yes, I'm fully aware there's nothing "wrong" with denim jackets, but I've had a bizarre aversion to them for at least 5 years now.)

I guess technically the shirt is chambray, so it's not really denim. But still, same difference, right?

So here I am, fully embracing all the things should be so wrong with denim on denim, only it feels (and looks) so right!

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Vintage chambray button down, thrifted ($4.99)
2. Flare jeans, Rugged Wearhouse ($9.99)
3. Platform wedges, Charlotte Russe ($32.50)
4. Ring, gifted
5. Thumb ring, Charlotte Russe ($2.99 - part of a stackable set)
6. Earrings, gifted (thanks Mom!)
7. Aviator sunglasses, Rugged Wearhouse ($3.99)
8. Red Guess handbag, gifted/passed down (thanks Joy!)

Total: Under $75











































































































No comments: