Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Design project: Something Blue Events



I always love working on design projects, but I love them even more when they are in support of a friend. Especially when that friend is starting his or her own business. So I was beyond thrilled when Lauren reached out to me to design the logo and other collateral for her new special event planning company: Something Blue Events.

You might recall some of the other work that I designed for Lauren around this time last year for her own wedding. Knowing Lauren and her impeccable organization skills, I know she is going to rock it in the event planning business. Plus, I was a guest at her wedding so I know what a great job she does putting a big event together like that for a special day.

As I've mentioned before, Lauren's overall style is very traditional, classic and timeless. So when designing her logo I wanted to create something that reflected this. I think the fonts chosen and the damask image does that perfectly. And of course we had to use a shade of blue, so I chose one similar to that of Tiffany & Co., only more on the blue side of the color spectrum instead of green.

When Lauren told me she wanted a square business card, I was all on board for it. It just seemed to fit everything perfectly. A little fancy and avant garde, but not too much. And since we were going this route, I decided it would be a great accent to have a different pattern on the back of the card to add a pop of color and draw attention. Which of course meant that her website had to go on that side of the card. The end result was something that I thought turned out absolutely beautiful in print.

If you are in the southeastern region and looking for a wedding or event planner, look no further than Lauren Kelly at Something Blue Events. I have already witnessed her innate ability to coordinate some pretty incredible things and I know that she will make any bride unbelievably happy.


Something Blue Events business card




1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is awesome!! Thank you so much for your sweet words!