Thursday, July 18, 2013

Under the (fashion) influence: Solange Knowles




I don't know if it was it was Solange's bright smile or her colorful outfit, but either way I immediately fell in love with this ensemble of hers the second I saw it on Lucky magazine's website. It's so simple, yet so chic, which I think is because of the small details like the bright yellow belt.

It's also extremely easy to replicate. So I figured that's exactly what I would do. I realize that my skirt is more pink than red and it's also a bit longer than hers, but still the overall idea is there. Now if I could just get my hands on an amazing pair of sunnies similar to those she is rockin'!

Here's the cheapskate breakdown:

1. Top, Ann Taylor Loft, ($19.99)
2. Skirt, thrifted ($2.00)
3. Crossbody bag, thrifted ($5.99)
4. Sandals, Payless ($24.99)
5. Silver bracelet, c/o Oopsy Daisy (thanks mom!)
6. Earthy chevron bracelet, c/o Oopsy Daisy (thanks mom!)
7. Square ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)
8. Leaf ring, gifted (thanks Em!)
9. Sunglasses, Venice Beach ($7.50)
10. Earrings, Stella & Dot ($34.00)
11. Yellow belt, Cato ($1.99)

Total: Under $100.00










Photos: Leslie Evans







Pin It!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I love love love this idea, you copied the style well! You red skirt is so pretty and I love your gold accessories!

Unknown said...

cute outfit! love the red skirt.

louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com