Monday, July 15, 2013

My latest obsession (in food): Granola cereal



I can't remember a time when I haven't loved cereal. But I realized recently that maybe it was time for me to start eating more "grown up" cereals instead of the Capt'n Crunch and Cinnamon Toast Crunch that I usually enjoy.

So one night while grocery shopping at Target I decided to start with a couple of granola cereals. Holy moses. Turns out, they are DELICIOUS. Now, granted, they probably aren't really considered "healthy" considering the amount of sugar in each serving, but I still figure it's better than a bowl of Cookie Crisp or a packet of pop tarts.

And another plus is that just one bowl of granola cereal keeps me full until lunchtime. That's something I have never experienced with any other cereal—or many other breakfast foods for that matter.

Here are a few of my favorite granola cereals in case you want to give them a whirl. They each cost about $3.99 a box, which sounds kind of pricey, but when you think about the multiple meals you get from that, it's really a pretty good deal.

• Archer Farms Strawberry Granola Cereal with Flax Seed
• Archer Farms Lemon Blueberry Crisp Granola Cereal
• Cascadian Farms Dark Chocolate Almond Granola Cereal
• Cascadian Farms French Vanilla Almond Cereal



No comments: