Friday, February 18, 2011

Awestruck and inspired.

Yikes. Proof of my terrible handwriting. 


























Confession time: On occasion, I have a tendency to be somewhat cheesy. And sentimental. Very rarely, but sometimes, something I read or see will inspire me or hit me just right and I have to write it down, or tear it out or print it. Most of the time this happens, I just write whatever inspires me on a post it note and stick it on my computer until my OCD gets the best of me and the clutter drives me crazy enough to take it down.

Such an occasion of inspiration happened recently when I heard the song "Awake My Soul" by Mumford and Sons. As I stated here, I can't get enough of the album Sigh No More by this band. One reason is because when I was listening to the lyrics of "Awake My Soul" for the first time, I heard "In these bodies we will live, and in these bodies we will die. Where you invest your love, you invest your life." I was awe struck. It seemed so simply put, yet so monumentally stated as well. I don't know why, but these lyrics hit me. And hit me hard. I immediately wrote the words down on a post it, stuck it to my computer and haven't taken it off since. In spite of the messy handwriting and that it's half peeling off, I don't plan to take it down either. I need it there as a constant reminder to invest my time in things and people that I love, because time is precious and fleeting and unknown.

And if it's really confession time, these words are what inspired me to start this blog! As mentioned here, I realized that what  I love most is music and fashion and designing stationery, and that I needed to find a way to combine them all, while mostly focusing on building my stationery portfolio for my design company, Fashionplate. I needed a fun side project to invest my time in that I could be completely creative with and in control of and that would motivate me. And that's just what my blog has created for me so far.

So as my first stationery unveiling on this blog, I created a piece with the Mumford & Sons lyrics that I love so much. It might be a little too deep and intense for someone to use as a piece of personalized stationery every day, but maybe it could be used on certain occasions? Or maybe just as a pretty inspirational piece to post in your office somewhere? Either way, here's hoping it will inspire you too!



























ps. the heart seen in the first picture was a sweet and crafty Valentine gift from my very talented friend Amy over at To Do!

No comments: