Friday, June 24, 2011

Back of the closet: Turquoise skirt











































I've had this skirt since about seven years ago when long flowy hippie skirts were all the rage. In due time, that style went out but I loved the bright turquoise color of this skirt so I couldn't think of parting with it. Luckily, I wised up and realized I could turn that skirt into a dress by simply adding a belt! Viola! My life was changed. I mean, what better way to maximize your closet than taking an item and being able to not only extend it by wearing different accessories, but to wear that one piece two completely different ways?

Ever since that magical day of realization I have been a huge advocate of turning a skirt into a dress. I do it with several other skirts in my closet that are long enough to rock that way. And now that I think long skirts are starting to pop up again, I'm hoping to do a post showing this skirt as an actual skirt. So stay tuned!

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:
1. Skirt, Parisian's (wow, if that doesn't tell you how old it is, I don't know what will!)
2. Belt, ATL Market ($15.00)
3. Sandals, Payless ($16.99)
4. Turquoise necklace, ATL Market ($8.00)
5. Hat, Forever21 ($12.80)
6. Sunglasses, Forever21 ($5.80)
7. Adrienne Vittadini handbag, TJ Maxx ($69.99)




























Photos: Laura Menconi

No comments: