Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Splurge on: Swimsuits






































There's no denying it. Now is certainly the time to splurge on swimsuits. It's summer. It's hot. And oddly enough most of the swimwear is already going on sale! I know I'm not the only one pre-occupied with what to wear to the pool and beach. Just today, WWWD posted their white bathing suit picks. And while I do agree that white swimwear is white hot, I don't know too many gals who can pull that look off. So let's look at some other colorful (and, ahem, also more affordable!) options, shall we?

1. I'm not usually one for animal print OR bling/decorations on my swimsuit, but for some reason this one speaks to me. Maybe it's the call of the wild I am hearing?
Old Navy Women's Animal Print Bandeau Bikini Top, $16.99
Old Navy Women's Animal Print Bandeau Bikini Bottom, $16.99

2. This saucy red number available at Target is the perfect one piece. It's not too "mom-ish," yet not too sexy, it's not trying too hard and it also looks like it would be extremely flattering. Plus, you can pull the one strap down to keep you from getting weird tan lines. So lovely!
Mossimo® Women's One Shoulder Shirred One Piece, $34.99

3. A simple black swimsuit is a staple....and I don't even own one yet! I chose this one because the ruffles on it take it from a plain black suit, to just plain adorable!
Ralph Lauren Ruffled Triangle Bikini Top and Bottom, available at Macy's for $39.99

4. Black and white stripes, which never seem to go out of style, are definitely hot right now. This suit is probably my fav of all six picks even though I don't feel like I can rock this style of swimwear.
H&M Black and White Striped Bikini Top, $14.95
H&M Black and White Striped Bikini Bottom, $12.95

5. You can also never go wrong with a simple girly hot pink halter bikini. Especially when the price is only $15.00 via 15dollarstore.com.
Jamaican Style Halter Bikini (Hot Pink), $15.00

6. Not sure why but I feel like this swimsuit would be perfect for yachting. I mean I've never been yachting before, but it just looks a little glamourous than the other affordable options I found.
Newport News Metallic Rose-print Bandeau Tankini Top, $24.00
Newport News Golden Scoop Bikini Bottoms, $20.00

No comments: