Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Product Pick: NYC lipstick

photo: Laura Menconi























I have spotted pink lips on celebs like Rachel Bilson, Whitney Port and Taylor Momsen for a while now and had been dying to try the color on myself. (No doubt my lip color could use a pick-me-up. I've been sporting the nude lips look now for entirely too long, I'm sure.) However, what I didn't like was the price tag that came with the new, hot color. I even looked to one of my fav bloggers MAGDArling, but seeing as her awesome and affordable shocking pink shade can only be found in the UK, I was back to the drawing board.

Then, as luck would have it, I wandered over to the cosmetics aisle while in Wal-mart one night and there it was—a bright pink shade of NYC lipstick called "blossom" which meant I knew it was affordable. But I had no idea just how affordable....only $.99!!! I mean, for a dollar, I can take a gamble on whether the color will look good on me or not. Turns out, I love it! The shade is perfect and it moisturizes pretty well, too. I tried to rock it in my hello, SUMMER post, but I didn't apply enough. So here's hoping I'll have the chance to rock it for you guys soon so you can see just how great it is.

Until then, try it for yourself! For less than a dollar, it's a great risk to take. And I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: