Thursday, June 16, 2011

One dress, two occasions



























As you know by now, I like to maximize my wardrobe as much as possible by taking a dress or outfit and wearing it over and over again, but make it seem different by changing accessories and shoes. While this dress is so powerful it doesn't look like I have changed it much, I have at least made it appropriate for two different occasions.

On the left, I'm rockin some heels and a lovely handbag, making the dress perfect for work or church or maybe even a shower or similar occasion. On the right, I'm rockin flats and a cross the body bag making this outfit perfect for a more casual Saturday morning farmer's market stroll or a Sunday afternoon picnic.

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Sundress, Dress Barn (?? - so old)
2. Brown peep toe shoes, Strawberry ($19.99)
3. Adrienne Vittadini handbag, TJ Maxx ($69.99)
4. Wayfarers, Urban Outfitters ($10.00)
5. Cross body bag, Hammers (?? - so old it was bought for prom!)
6. Flat sandals, Payless ($16.99 -- but they are on sale now for $12.99)


































































Photos: Laura Menconi

No comments: