Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back of the closet: Striped skirt


















































I got this cute and fun striped skirt a few years ago on one of my first trips to the Atlanta Market with my mom as we looked for items for her shop, Oopsy Daisy. I remember doing a double take when I first saw it because I was immediately drawn to its pockets, but I took a second look and could tell by the way it hung that it would be super flirty and bouncy and I knew I didn't have anything like that in my closet. So this little thing came home with me that day.

Because this skirt is so unique, I usually wear a plain black or brown tank top so that it doesn't take away from it. But lately I'm becoming tired of playing it safe. So the other day I looked at this skirt and my closet and wondered if there might be something else I could pair it with to give it a totally new look. My eyes fell on this fabulous bright orange-red top that I happened to purchase the same day in the same store at the ATL market and figured 'why not'?

So I tried them on together and the rest is history!

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Striped skirt, ATL market ($35.00)
2. Top, ATL market ($40.00)
3. Tan heels, Rugged Wearhouse ($9.99)
4. Gray bag, Designer Details in L.A. ($40.00)
5. Circle necklace, ?? (??)
6. Thumb ring, Charlotte Russe ($2.99 - part of a stackable set)
7. Cocktail ring, ATL market ($4.00)
8. Sunglasses, Forever 21 ($5.80)

Total: Under $150



























































Photos: Laura Menconi

ps. Don't forget about the Vedette giveaway! There's still time to enter!


No comments: