Thursday, May 10, 2012

Under the {fashion} influence: Alexa Chung v2










































I always love it when I stumble across a photo of a celebrity wearing a look that I not only love, but also when she is wearing pieces similar to items that I own because I know it means that I can recreate the look as best as possible.
Alexa Chung is just one of the many gals that I have my eye on and I have stolen more than just one of her looks.

I've held on to this photo of her since I first saw it in this article on WWWD in 2010. Clearly it struck my fancy, not only because it's a super cool casual rockstar look, but also because I have an army jacket/tunic almost identical to the one she is wearing.  So finally (two year laters -yeesh!) I am actually putting it to good use and swiping her style!

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Army green tunic, Rugged Warehouse ($9.99)
2. LEI cut off shorts, Kohl's ($12.99)
3. Black tanktop, GAP outlet ($6.99)
4. Cream lace top, Banana Republic (forever ago - $78.50 - one of the few splurges in my life!)
5. Platform wedges, Charlotte Russe ($32.50)
6. Socks, Charlotte Russe ($2.99)
7. Black doctor's bag, ATL market ($30.00)
8. Vintage Serengeti sunglasses, borrowed (from my photographer, also one of the few splurges in her life)
9. Pendant necklace, Forever 21 (??)
10. Thumb ring, Charlotte Russe ($2.99 - part of stackable set)
11. All other rings, gifted
12. Earrings, Charlotte Russe (??)

Total: Under $200


































1 comment:

Natasha said...

Those sunglasses are seriously SO GREAT.