Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grooveshark picks for May








Artist: Jason Mraz
Why I love it: It's Jason Mraz. I think I'll always love everything he does. But mostly I love it just because of the one song "I won't give up." If you listen to it and don't want to cry, you don't have a soul. 
For fans of: Jason Mraz, Matt Nathanson, Mat Kearney









Artist: The Lumineers
Why I love it: Obviously I have a soft spot for folky-pop type bands. I really can think of a great way to describe these guys or their sound but I truly, madly, love it and think everyone else will, too. 
For fans of: Of Monsters and Men, Ben Howard,  The Head and the Heart








Artist: Rosie Thomas
Why I love it: So what if this album is 7 years old and I am just now discovering it. It's really pretty and girly and mellow and I like it so I'm sharing my knowledge in case anyone else is just as behind the times as I am.
For fans of: Patty Griffin, Racheal Yamagata






Artist: Vintage Trouble
Why I love it: I get to see these guys open for the Alabama Shakes in a few days when I head up to Portland. Super psyched. They are gonna rock it out just like this album of theirs rocks. 
For fans of: Alabama Shakes, Ghost Hounds






And don't forget that today is the last day to enter my Vedette Shapewear giveaway!



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE the Lumineers. Cute blog, count me as your newest follower!

Cheers, Elizabeth @ The Corner Apartment