Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Grooveshark picks for March









Artist: Andrew Bird
Album: Break it Yourself
Why I love it: It's equal parts folksy and
singer songwriter with a little twist of a
world music sound thrown in.
For fans of: Punch Brothers, M. Ward









Why I love it: I recently found this guy
because of this post by Caitlin. The way
she described him made me curious about
his sound, so I did my GS research and I
was not disappointed. This whole album
is just so soul-ful. If that's a word? 
For fans of: James Brown, Sam Cooke,
Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
Bonus: Charles Bradley & His
Extraordinaires are coming to Workplay
Friday April 20th. Tickets are $15. I'm still
looking for a plus one...any takers? 









Artist: Gold Leaves
Why I love it: It's pretty dreamy.
And maybe just a little bit country.
For fans of:  Great Lake Swimmers,
Band of Horses














Why I love it: It's funky. And it has such
a solid beat that it made its way from just
being a part of my life at the climbing gym all
the way to my work tunes. I mean I need
psych at work, too. 
For fans of: Big Gigantic, Mimosa








Artist: Delta Spirit
Album: Delta Spirit
Why I love it: Ok, so no this doesn't sound 
like the original Delta Spirit that I fell in love 
with their Americana, soul and a little bit of 
funk sound. This is definitely more rock. Yet 
I still like it. I don't love it as much as the old 
stuff, but still, sometimes change is good. 
For fans of: The Strokes, Arcade Fire
Bonus: Delta Spirit will be at Workplay 
Monday April 9th. Tickets are $14.
(Technically this isn't on GS, but I've been streaming it here)







2 comments:

Allymazing said...

I've had the Deltta Spiri album on loop for about two days now. Great tune suggestions, thanks!

http://allyisacat.blogspot.com/

John said...

I wonder how do you find these nice groove shark pics. I couldn't.