Thursday, March 1, 2012

Under the {fashion} influence: Miranda Kerr







































I was flipping through photos on people.com the other day when I came across this one of Miranda Kerr. She just looked so feminine and perfectly polished and put together that I knew I had to recreate this outfit. Mostly because
it everything that I am not!

My style typically trends toward bohemian or hipster and sometimes it can be pretty girly, but polished and put together is not how I would describe my look. I figured it was time for a change, even if it was just for one day. So I pulled everything I had from my closet that was similar to this look and there you have it! Ok, so I'm holding an umbrella instead of a super cute baby and the materials and colors aren't all perfectly aligned, but I think it captures
the overall look pretty well.

And yes, my hair is OUT of control. Crazy Alabama weather and humidity in February. What can you do?

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:
1. Cream blazer, Banana Republic (??-old)
2. Striped tank top, thrifted ($2.99)
3. Pleated skirt, GAP outlet ($19.99)
4. Red heels, Rack Room half price store ($7.50)
5. Purse, Charlotte Russe ($9.99)
6. Vintage cocktail ring, gifted
7. Earrings, bought in Africa ($5.00)






























3 comments:

Tara @ Haute Lunch said...

Very cute! Love the look! It's always good to try something new!

Allymazing said...

A very cute look. Miranda looks amazing and so do you


http://alleycatfashion.blogspot.com/

caitlin said...

i think you did a really great job of capturing miranda's aesthetic--and yours is even more fun, with all the colors!