Thursday, April 26, 2012

One Vedette piece: From day-to-night































I'm pretty excited to announce that I have been asked by Vedette Shapewear to be a part of their "I've got nothing to hide" campaign. They want every woman to feel beautiful in the skin she's in, and that's what this campaign is all about. I couldn't be more honored to be a part of a great movement like this.

In addition to the inspiring message we're sending out to women everywhere, I'm also psyched about the parts of the campaign they've asked me to complete. This first segment is a Day-to-Night look, and you girls know by now that I am all about some wardrobe efficiency. Whether it's maximizing your closet so that you wear the same pieces, but in different ways or if it's just having a hectic day and trying to do a wardrobe change with least amount of packing possible, I am a huge fan of getting the most out of a piece of clothing. So here I am taking the Marian from a casual daytime outfit to a fun and splashy evening outfit.

I chose this piece because of the beautiful lace detail. I knew it would be perfect no matter what time of day or where you were wearing it. I mean, what could make you feel more beautiful than rockin some black lace? And having one shoulder makes the piece a flexible wardrobe item as well. I think figuring out a way to rock an item of shapewear in your everyday wardrobe is something anyone could try. It helps you think outside the fashion box and pushes your creative limits.

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown for the day look:


1. Marian shapewear, c/o Vedette
2. Shorts, H&M ($19.50)
3. Vintage chambray button down, thrifted ($4.99)
4. Oxfords, TJ Maxx ($12.99)
5. Hat, Rugged Wearhouse ($3.99) 
6. Sunglasses, Rugged Wearhouse ($3.99) 
7. Crossbody bag, thrifted ($3.00)
8. Belt, Charlotte Russe ($3.00)

Total: Under $75












And here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown for the night look: 

1. Marian shapewear, c/o Vedette
2. Pleated skirt, Forever 21 ($19.99)
3. Chinese Laundry silver sandals, discount shoe store ($15.99)
4. Vintage handbag, Zoe's ($19.99)
5. Bangles, gifted (thanks mom!)
6. Earrings ??

Total: Under $75














Photos: Laura Menconi





ps. Want to know one other thing I love about Vedette? They have an incredible blog full of content ranging from outfit ideas to what to do with your old worn out bras to answering all of your lingerie questions, including those about fitting. They also have my inspiration board on their blog and you can see it here.

3 comments:

Ashley Baker said...

Love the top!! You look so amazing!

Seeking Style said...

I love both ways you styled it! So creative and cute!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

cellcept 500 mg tablet said...

Thanks for the great giveaway. To get more information buy medicine online from best online pharmacy in USA.