Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grooveshark picks for July





Artist: Typhoon
Album: Hunger and Thirst
Why I love it: The horns. They give the
band and the album such a cool, unique sound. And yet somehow it's still super mellow.
For fans of: Quiet Corral, Local Natives






Artist: The Mowgli's
Why I love it: It's sing-songy, fun & upbeat. My fav songs are of course the ones that have 
the entire band chiming in on the singing.
For fans of: Damion Suomi & the Minor Prophets, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros 






Why I love it: Um, who doesn't like tapping their feet to some good ole bluegrass from time 
to time?
For fans of: Bluegrass, The Devil Makes 
Three, Yonder Mountain String Band











Why I love it: It's kind of country meets 
a little bit bluesy.
For fans of: Justin Townes Earle, Anders Osborne












Artist: Lissie
Why I love it: It's a little bit girly rock, a little bit singer/songwriter and a little bit near pop radio type of music. Sounds strange maybe, 
Lissie makes it work.
For fans of: First Aid Kit, Brandi Carlisle, 
KT Tunstall







No comments: