Thursday, July 5, 2012

One skirt, two ways: Wear it now, wear it later




As I mentioned in a recent post, I broke my arm at the climbing gym the other day, so this means few outfit posts to come in the near future. Mostly because I seem to be only able to wear strapless dresses for the moment, so that's nothing too exciting and original to showcase. So instead, I have to get a bit creative with content featuring photos I have already shot.

That's where this post comes in. I was thinking about my photoshoots and realized that I had a fab skirt to be worn as a dress or a skirt, and in turn can be worn as such all year round. In fact, I am wearing it as a strapless dress with a sweater & boots in the winter shot and as a skirt with a tank top in the summer shot. But I've also worn it as a strapless dress in the summer and plan to wear it as a skirt this upcoming winter.

You've got to love a piece that is this versatile.

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown for look one (spring/summer):

1. Floral skirt, thrifted ($2.99)
2. Tank top, Target ($8.99)
3. Cream jacket, Parisian ($29.99)
4. Tan wedges, Charlotte Russe ($12.50)*
5. Clutch, gifted (thanks mom!)
6. Squirrel necklace, gifted (Thanks Em!)
7. Vintage Ray Ban sunglasses, gifted (thanks mom!)
8. Leaf ring, Charm, gifted (Thanks Em!)
9. Earrings, ATL market ($2.00)


























































And here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown for look two (fall/winter):

1. Dress/Skirt, thrifted ($2.99)
2. J. Crew Sweater, Rugged Warehouse ($8.99)
3. Boots, Cato ($24.99)
4. BCBGirls Bag, Zoe's ($30.00)
5. Knee socks, H&M ($14.00)
6. Men's belt, GAP ($34.99)
7. Leaf ring, Charm (gifted)
8. Flower headband, Urban Outfitters ($9.50)
9. Earrings, Charlotte Russe ($2.99/6 piece set)
10. Sunglasses, Venice Beach ($7.00)




























photos: Laura Menconi





Pin It!

No comments: