Thursday, May 2, 2013

Back of the closet: Army green dress



The other day I was doing my usual morning routine of sifting through the closet and trying to figure out what to wear, when I came across this army green dress that was shoved in tightly with all my other eleventy billion dresses.

I have had this dress for forever it seems but I'm not even sure I wore it once last summer, so it kind of felt like a new item that I should experiment with. I pulled it out of the closet and as soon as I had it on I knew I just needed a few different pieces to make it feel new again.

I tried on several vest type items before I settled on the cream one shown here. As soon I had that, it seemed like there was a music fest vibe to the outfit, so I immediately decided I needed the fedora I bought for one stinkin dollar. Next came the flat boots from Target that I splurged on recently because I loved the color and detail of the braiding and cutouts. Then finally I grabbed one of my crossbody bags that I almost didn't buy when I went to Africa, but am so glad that I did.

The final result is a new outfit that features a five year old dress. Not too bad right?!

Here's the cheapskate breakdown:

1. Army green dress, Ross ($14.99)
2. Cream vest, Ross ($3.99)
3. Booties, Target ($34.99)
4. Bag, Africa ($15.00)
5. Fedora, Dollar Tree ($1.00)
6. Vintage Ray Ban sunglasses, gifted/passed down (thanks mom!)
7. Bracelet, gifted (thanks mom!)
8. Circle necklace, Brooklyn Flea ($20.00)
9. Circle ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)
10. Thumb ring, Charlotte Russe ($2.99, part of stackable set)

Total: Under $100.00


Photos: Leslie Evans








Pin It!

1 comment:

Emma said...

So cute! I love your boots and that hat-- I can't believe it was only a dollar! I'm all about the thrifty finds too :)