Thursday, May 16, 2013

Under the (fashion) influence: Eva Longoria




First I'd like to point out how ridiculous phony I feel when I wear a blazer. I see other girls wear them and they don’t look too "business-y" but I'm just not sure I can pull it off.

I mean, how cute does Eva look in her pic? Maybe it's because I often trend more toward a boho style, but I feel like this just doesn't even look like me. Oh well, mark it down in the fashion books that I tried to step out of my comfort zone. (side note: this seems familiar. I think I might've said something similar the last time I wore this blazer).

Next I'll go ahead and admit my hair is a bit of hot mess...and not in a cute bedhead way. (and again, my hair was a hot mess last time I wore this blazer, too. What is up with that?! Maybe it's just always a hot mess) Like did I even brush it that morning? Um, the answer is (always) no. But the good news is a hair appointment is set for Saturday morning! I mean, that won’t magically fix everything, but it’s at least good start.

Ok now down to business. So obviously I had to use Eva’s outfit as an “inspiration” and tweak a few things here and there. I mean, I don’t have the exact same items and I also needed to make it work appropriate (no shorts allowed in the office for some reason?), but all in all, I think it’s a pretty good interpretation.

Here’s the cheapskate breakdown:

1. Blazer, Banana Republic ($?? - old)
2. Skirt, AZ Well ($7.99)
3. Tank top, gifted/passed down (thanks Aunt Faye!)
4. Heels, Rugged Wearhouse ($9.99)
5. BCBGirls bag, Zoe’s ($30.00)
6. Sunglasses, Forever21 ($5.80)
7. Necklace, gifted (thanks Cathy!)
8. Earrings, Stella & Dot ($34.00)
9. Circle ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)
10. Square ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)
11. Thumb ring, Charlotte Russe ($2.99 – part of stackable set)

Total: Under $150.00














Yeah, as cheesy as this last pic is, I had to put it in. I mean, it's classic newscaster-meets-post-college-interview. It just makes me laugh. You're welcome.


Photos: Leslie Evans





Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute outfit!! Love the skirt. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

http://louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I actually like your outfit a lot better than the original! And even if it's out of your comfort zone, I think the blazer looks great on you!

http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/