Thursday, May 30, 2013

Take me out to the ballgame



One of the perks I have at my job is that our company shares an executive suite at Regions Field (Home of the Birmingham Barons) with a couple of law firms in town. They pass out a few of these tickets at the beginning of each month to employees. I was lucky enough to snag a couple of them for me, J ("the boy") and two of our friends to attend this past Tuesday night's game.

Since I knew I was climbing after work and the stadium is downtown near my climbing gym, I realized it made no sense to go home and change before the game. Therefore, I needed to pick out something that was both office and baseball game appropriate.

(Insert pinstriped skirt to be worn as a strapless dress here.)

I mean, really, what could be more appropriate for baseball than something pinstriped? Am I right? And the cream lace cardigan made it office appropriate (and cute!). I also wore the wedges to the game, though I probably should've brought a pair of flats. But the wedges were just so cute. I couldn't resist.

Anyhow, even though the Barons (barely) lost, it was a good time. Perfect weather and 50 cent hotdogs. Yes I realize this is the second time I've mentioned these on the blog...clearly I love those 50 cent hot dogs!

Ok, here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Pinstripe skirt (worn as dress), thrifted ($2.50)
2. Belt, Cato ($1.99)
3. Wedges, Charlotte Russe ($12.50) *buy one, get one half off deal
4. Lace cardigan, Banana Republic ($59.99)
5. Necklace, Noteworthy/gifted (thanks Em!)
6. Purse, gifted/passed down
7. Sunglasses, Dollar Tree ($1.00)
8. Earrings, Stella & Dot ($34.00)
9. Circle ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)
10. Simple gold ring, gifted/passed down

Total: Under $125.00

ps. oh yeah, check out those lovely scratches on my right shin...compliments of a weekend camping trip and rafting the Hiwasee. Hot, right?














Photos: Leslie Evans





Pin It!

2 comments:

Sammi said...

Such a cute little dress on you! Love the blue belt with it, too!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

Baseball! How fun. And this look is summery perfection!